In addition to donations, grants and the proceeds from fund raising activities, the Village Hall Trustees also approached the Parish Council to provide funding for refurbishments through a loan repaid through an increase in the parish precept.
Local Council Tax payers voted on the proposal to borrow £100,000 over 20 years. Of the 180 letters sent, 100 responses were received. Of these 76 were in favour and 24 were against. This gave a response rate of 55.6% with 76% of these in favour of the project. The Parish Council voted 4:1 in favour of the ‘Resolution to Borrow’. See the minutes of 18th September meeting for more details.
On 24th October 2017 the Department for Communities and Local Government approved the Council's request to borrow, which is valid for one year from the date of approval. The Public works Loan Board has since approved the loan and £100,000 has been contributed to the Village Hall Trustees.
The following supporting documents for the application to borrow are available here:
* Letter to Council Tax payers w/c 28 August
* Architect's plan of Phase 1 works – explanatory notes available in letter (2)
* Letter (2) from Village Hall working group
* Minutes of October 2015 Village Hall Committee re: refurbishment options
* Public Works Loan Board fixed rate loan repayments (PWLB)
* Average Band D parish precepts in the UK (Dept for Communities and Local
* Cotswold District Council estimate of precept change (CDC)
If you have any questions please email Naunton Parish Council at email@example.com